Wednesday, March 27, 2013

so much ♥

I have been seriously blown away by the kindness and encouragement of the blogger/IG world over the last week!

Since releasing my pattern last Wednesday, I have had so many kind comments directed toward me or about my little Staple Dress!
I have seen women start to post photos of their process, making the dress. Some people posting have been personal friends, but most are women I have never met,
some names I  have recognized are those of women I very much admire, ones I "follow" and look to for inspiration... 

To be honest, I cried a little when I first posted the pattern and saw the orders start to come through. I was overwhelmed and humbled. I didn't expect it to happen so quickly.

To hear that other women are excited to make my design, and to see them wear it has been the most INCREDIBLE feeling! 

My favorite place to keep tabs on who's making THE STAPLE DRESS has been on IG. If you're making the dress and you're on Instagram, be sure to use the hashtag, #thestapledress, so that I can see it!! It's such a thrill for me.

I shared in the past about how I feared I just might not have it in me to finish... Creating and designing sewing patterns has been a dream for so long. But I would say things like "I might try that someday" or "when both the girls are in school". I never in my wildest dreams thought it would be HERE and NOW. Like this.

The STAPLE is just the beginning.. I have another dress, a skirt and possibly 2 bags in the works.

I feel very blessed and honored to be a part of this connected network of amazing women and crafters! It fouls me. And I want to do and make even more than before!!!


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

To all those friends who talked me up and supported me through this, THANK YOU!! 

Sincerely,
April

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

a little more ♥: my mom has decided to offer 10% off of any staple dress fabric purchase at our shoppe, Sew To Speak!!  Discount good when you buy the pattern... if you're shopping our online store email me and I'll give you your own personal code! ;) aprilarhodes {AT} gmail (DOT) c o m

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I made mine today! My first adult sized dress and it was easy. Love it! :)